Sun, Aug 14|
Sunday Dinner: Israeli Shawarma
Invite your family and friends to join you for a Sunday night dinner cooking class! This menu is dairy-free and gluten-free with vegetarian options.
Time & Location
Aug 14, 2022, 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM EDT
About this workshop
What to expect in this workshop:
- The menu: Chicken Shawarma and Israeli Salad
- Fēst Workshops are the ultimate guided discovery roadmap to help you master your home cooking.
- One Fēst Chef Instructor will lead the way as you learn how to make a delicious Sunday dinner. Your Chef Instructor will demonstrate every step of the recipe, with two cameras to give you all the right angles and clear views of what's happening.
- Your Chef Instructor will answer any questions that come up via the chat box of the video call. You'll prep your ingredients and cook each dish with plenty of guidance.
- This class is your time to ask your chef questions, ask for feedback, learn a little something and most importantly, have fun!
- This is a group workshop, we ask that you remain muted throughout the class and submit all of your questions in the chatbox of the video call.
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED:
Serving Size: 4, adjust for what you need
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, Vegetarian substitution: portobello mushroom or sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 red onion
- 2 additional tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound Persian cucumbers, diced
- 1 pound fresh ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- ⅓ cup minced onion
- ½ cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt to taste
EQUIPMENT YOU'LL NEED:
- measuring cups and spoons
- cutting boards and sharp knife
- mixing bowls
- zip top bag for marinating, or covered bowl
- spatula or wooden spoon
- baking sheet (or grill, or grill pan)
Access for 1 person
+$0.14 service fee
+$0.14 service fee0